At Insurance Public Adjusters of Georgia, we answer this question about commercial property often. Before we delve into it in more detail, let’s review what exactly a public insurance adjuster is and does.
Georgia public insurance adjusters are state-licensed insurance professionals who specialize in the different aspects of insurance claim management. Suppose you suffered losses and want to file a claim with an insurance carrier. In that case, you can hire a public insurance adjuster to evaluate property losses and negotiate or adjust claims on your behalf.
Many people assume that public adjusters are simply for personal and residential property and are surprised when we explain why having a public adjuster for your commercial property is critically important.
How are Commercial Property Claims Different?
Remember that commercial property insurance covers so much more than personal/residential property insurance. Commercial property insurance protects your building, its contents, and exterior fixtures. It covers things like:
- Computers that a fire destroys
- Stolen inventory due to a break-in.
- Losses incurred from a fire or an explosion.
- Destroyed furniture from a roof leak.
- Broken windows and spray-painted doors due to vandalism.
- Business income if you are unable to open due to a covered loss.
As you can see, these losses have a much higher value than personal/residential property insurance. When the value of the loss increases, so does the experience level of the adjuster your insurance company assigns to your claim. Experienced adjusters understand damage and coverage issues and can potentially make the claims process more difficult by settling quickly to save money and minimize your claim.
Filing a Commercial Property Claim
When a commercial property gets damaged, filing a claim is complicated and requires meticulous attention to detail. Commercial property insurance policies are very technical and can be difficult to understand. Additionally, insurance companies require that the claim filed is accurate and complete.
How Can a Public Insurance Adjuster Help?
The average business owner is genuinely great at what they do; they focus on their passion and are successful with their mission. However, we are reasonably sure that their mission doesn’t involve having a thorough knowledge of commercial property insurance policies or effectively making a claim.
Insurance Public Adjusters of Georgia is dedicated to assisting our clients; our mission surrounds efficiency and maximum settlement results. We produce these results for our clients by following our proven effective process.
1. Investigation – An insurance adjuster will need to investigate to understand the commercial property damage. We often find that business owners can get nervous during this process and are unsure how to answer these questions. When you utilize our services, we conduct an independent investigation before the insurance adjuster. We identify any issues and work with your business to prepare you for their investigation.
2. Coverage Issues – As we mentioned previously, your primary mission isn’t to thoroughly understand your commercial property insurance policy as a business owner. Most business owners know they need them, purchase a policy that fits, then, over time, forget what exactly is covered and what isn’t. Our job is to get to know you, understand your business, and identify any potential gaps in coverage issues before they escalate out of control.
3. Settlement Negotiation – Settling an insurance claim is much like settling a legal claim. You wouldn’t settle a legal claim without a lawyer, and you don’t want to settle your insurance claim without the Insurance Public Adjusters of Georgia. The negotiation process is complex and takes an immense amount of time and effort. We have the experience and resources necessary to obtain the best possible settlement result for your business.
When it comes to something this important, you need an ally, someone who can advocate on your behalf. Trust the Insurance Public Adjusters of Georgia; we are here for you today, throughout the process, and long after we have negotiated your best settlement.
Why Insurance Public Adjusters of Georgia?
Insurance Public Adjusters of Georgia is here to make things easier for you. Our experienced public adjusters will help you negotiate with your insurance provider and ensure your rights are protected.
With us, there is zero upfront cost and zero risks. We don’t receive a penny until after we negotiate a settlement with your insurance company. You get our total commitment and a 100% customer satisfaction policy.
Contact Insurance Public Adjusters of Georgia today at (404) 537-4939 for a free case assessment and no-obligation consultation in Atlanta.
Copyright © 2021. Insurance Public Adjusters of Georgia. All Rights Reserved.
Insurance Public Adjusters of Georgia
1100 Peachtree St NE, Ste 200a
Atlanta, GA 30309