As a homeowner, you count on your insurance policy to protect your investment. You pay the insurance bill every month for your peace of mind and expect your policy to cover damages resulting from disasters such as fires, floods, and storms.
Then it happens. A severe storm does irreversible damage to your roof, and you need to have it replaced. You inform your insurance provider, file a claim, and discover to your astonishment that the insurance company won’t pay for a new roof. It is only prepared to compensate you for repairing the old one – leaving you to pay for most of the property restoration out of pocket.
You believe your insurance company is unfairly attempting to minimize your claim, but you are unsure how to proceed. In such a scenario, a public insurance adjuster comes into the picture.
What is a Public Insurance Adjuster?
A public insurance adjuster is someone you hire to negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. The public adjuster should be an expert on insurance claims, someone you can trust to obtain the maximum possible settlement for you. Public adjusters know exactly how insurance companies work, what clauses they typically include in their policies, and what tactics they may employ to dodge claims.
Do I Have to Pay a Public Insurance Adjuster?
Choose a public insurance adjuster who only receives a fee after you receive your settlement. That’s how we do things here at Insurance Public Adjusters of Georgia. You don’t have to pay upfront for uncertain results.
When you negotiate with your insurance company, there is a conflict of interest: the insurance company wants to pay you as little as possible. Their adjusters will often try to look for loopholes that would enable them to refute your claim.
In contrast, a public insurance adjuster is always on your side. Because we only get paid when you get paid, you know we will do our best to defend your claim.
Pros of Hiring a Public Insurance Adjuster
There are many benefits to hiring a public insurance adjuster. Here are just a few:
- Public insurance adjusters have the skills, training, and knowledge to negotiate with insurance companies much more effectively than a nonprofessional would.
- If your property has recently sustained damage from a natural disaster, you will likely go through an extremely stressful time. You might be trying to salvage precious possessions, get a temporary roof over your head, and make a plan for restoring your property. A public adjuster relieves you of the additional burden of dealing with your insurance company.
- When you are overwhelmed, it is easy to overlook parts of your claim. For example, if you lost your home in a fire, you might forget to include a list of appliances that were inside the house. A public insurance adjuster will help you make a comprehensive list of damages.
- With a public adjuster, you are much more likely to receive a higher insurance payout.
Cons of Hiring a Public Insurance Adjuster
Are there drawbacks to hiring a public insurance adjuster? That depends on the company you choose. In some cases, a public adjuster may:
- Only take on major claims. Some public insurance adjusters only work on large claims. Because a public adjuster’s fee will be proportionate to the final settlement amount, they might be unwilling to work with a client whose claim is only worth a couple of thousand dollars.
- In some cases, a public adjuster’s involvement might slow down the claim process due to increased back-and-forth negotiation. However, in many other cases, the insurance company representatives will be prepared to quickly settle the claim once they see their client has a knowledgeable public adjuster acting as their advocate.
Public Insurance Adjuster Fees
Costs often depend on the complexity of the case and the potential claim amount. The average is roughly 10% of the final settlement. In large claim cases, the insurance adjuster may agree to a lower fee. No matter the circumstances, however, there should never be upfront costs.
Is Your Insurance Company Attempting to Deny or Minimize Your Claim?
Does dealing with your insurance company leave you frustrated and overwhelmed? Insurance Public Adjusters of Georgia is here to make things easier for you. Our experienced public adjusters will help you negotiate with your insurance provider and ensure your rights are protected.
With us, there is zero upfront cost and zero risks. We don’t receive a penny until after we negotiate a settlement with your insurance company for you. You get our full commitment and a 100% customer satisfaction policy.
Copyright © 2020. Insurance Public Adjusters of Georgia. All Rights Reserved.
Insurance Public Adjusters of Georgia
1100 Peachtree St NE, Ste 200a
Atlanta, GA 30309